Friday, January 15, 2010

Almost Paved

On Wednesday I celebrated my 3 week anniversary for my broken collarbone. I was running on a hiking trail and lost my footing. 3 weeks down 3 to go.

At first it seemed like another bump in the road, but after the first couple days we started thinking that the break happened for good.

"Mom, since my collarbone is broken it gives a break from my symptoms." I said expressing my thoughts as I always do.

In a way I was right. Instead of focusing on my symptoms and noting them for my next Acupuncture visit, I have something else to worry about now.

Everything is back to normal now. I am back to focusing on my symptoms and noting them for my next Acupuncture appointment.

But I'm sure this break happened for a reason as everything else in life does.

I realized something this week. When we vacated our home it was like a road fell apart and needed repaving. Now that we are coming closer to recovery the road is getting closer to pavement. We just need to wait until the road is safe to drive on.

1 comment:

Kaitlyn said...

Wow Kaitlyn! What a beautiful analogy.
I'm proud of you,
Mom